Volunteer with the Salvation Army
Thank You for Your Interest!
Whether you're packaging meals to distribute to those in need, or painting a room at one of our corps, there are countless ways for you to give back to your community and offer the priceless gift of your time. There are opportunities to volunteer for individuals, families, schools, organizations and businesses.
To find ways to volunteer and support your community, please see the listings of the Corps Community Center or Institution nearest you by clicking HERE, or contact our Divisional Volunteer Resources Office by clicking HERE.
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
- Moonbeam Assistant (Englewood, Chicago)
- Computer Lab Director (Chicago Lawn)
- ESL Tutor (Lawndale, Chicago)
- Adventure Corps Leader (Midway, Chicago)
- After School Program Tutor (West Loop, Chicago)
- Music Instructor (West Loop, Chicago)
- Coach (West Pullman, Chicago)
- Kid Zone Attendant (West Pullman, Chicago)
- After School Program Assistant (Evanston, IL)
- After School Tutor (St. Charles, IL)
- Volleyball Coach (East Chicago, IN)
- After School Instructor (Gary-Merrillville, IN)
- Childcare Program
- Digital Marketing Intern
- Public Relations/Communications
- Outreach Worker MSW STOP-IT Program (anti sex trafficking)
- Social Work/Counseling
Corporate Volunteer Projects
Project PB&J® was started to bring comfort and comfort food to those in the world who need it; to let them know someone out there cares. From those affected by natural disasters to local organizations, Project PB&J is trying to bring a smile to the face of those in need and a meal to their belly.
Project PB&J® believes that a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich can change the world. Their belief was put into action on Friday, May 15th when they teamed with MEG (Marketing Executives Group) to make over 3,000 sandwiches for The Salvation Army. Harbor Light Center, Two Are Better Than One and Chicago Kroc Center received 1,000 sandwiches each, to help feed those in need. Our deepest thanks to Project PB&J and to Charles Ballard and the wonderful MEG team for helping us reach out to those in need of kindness.