Volunteer with the Salvation Army
Thank You for Your Interest!
Whether you're packaging meals to distribute to those in need, or painting a room at one of our corps, there are countless ways for you to give back to your community and offer the priceless gift of your time. There are opportunities to volunteer for individuals, families, schools, organizations and businesses.
To find ways to volunteer and support your community, please see the listings of the Corps Community Center or Institution nearest you by clicking HERE, or contact our Divisional Volunteer Resources Office by clicking HERE.
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
- Moonbeam Assistant (Englewood, Chicago)
- Computer Lab Director (Chicago Lawn)
- ESL Tutor (Lawndale, Chicago)
- Adventure Corps Leader (Midway, Chicago)
- After School Program Tutor (West Loop, Chicago)
- Music Instructor (West Loop, Chicago)
- Coach (West Pullman, Chicago)
- Kid Zone Attendant (West Pullman, Chicago)
- After School Program Assistant (Evanston, IL)
- After School Tutor (St. Charles, IL)
- Volleyball Coach (East Chicago, IN)
- After School Instructor (Gary-Merrillville, IN)
- Childcare Program
- Digital Marketing Intern
- Public Relations/Communications
- Outreach Worker MSW STOP-IT Program (anti sex trafficking)
- Social Work/Counseling
Corporate Volunteer Projects
Deloitte & Touche LLP employees spent the afternoon at our Harbor Light Center on Friday, 2/13/2015, helping to prepare sandwiches and pack nutritious lunches for our clients. With music playing and lots of laughter, Deloitte & Touche LLP employees quickly mastered the art of making sandwiches and helped to prepare dozens of lunch bags.
We want to extend a very special thank you to Sarah and all of the employees at Deloitte & Touche for their generosity. The staff at Harbor Light Center were grateful for their help in providing meals to those in need.