Thank You for Your Interest!
Whether you're packaging meals to distribute to those in need, or painting a room at one of our corps, there are countless ways for you to give back to your community and offer the priceless gift of your time. There are opportunities to volunteer for individuals, families, schools, organizations and businesses.
To find ways to volunteer and support your community, please see the listings of the Corps Community Center or Institution nearest you by clicking HERE, or contact our Divisional Volunteer Resources Office by clicking HERE.
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
- Donut Day Volunteer Opportunities
- Youth Skills Instructor at Adele and Robert Stern Red Shield Center
- Public Awareness and Outreach Volunteer at STOP-IT program
- Food Pantry Assistant at Crossgenerations
- Nursing Home/Hospital Visitor at Chicago Harbor Light
- Van Driver at Chicago Lawn Corps
- Community Service Worker at Temple Corps
- Chaplain Assistant at Corrections
- Volunteer Music Instructor at the Des Plaines Corps
- Dietician at Golden Diners program
- Sunbeam Leader at Midway Corps
- Driver at Irving Park Corps
- Basketball Coach at Midwest Corps
- Coach at Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
- Client Aid at Joliet Corps
- Webmaster at Tri-City Corps
- Grant Writing - Foundation Relations
- Public Relations/Communications
- Outreach Worker MSW STOP-IT Program (anti sex trafficking)
- Social Work/Counseling
Volunteers in Action
Volunteers help during The WBBM Good Neighbor Radiothon benefitting The Salvation Army as a part of the Red Kettle Campaign to help generate donations for people in need in the Greater Chicagoland area.
Photos courtesy of Francisco Dominguez