Volunteer with the Salvation Army
Thank You for Your Interest!
Whether you're packaging meals to distribute to those in need, or painting a room at one of our corps, there are countless ways for you to give back to your community and offer the priceless gift of your time. There are opportunities to volunteer for individuals, families, schools, organizations and businesses.
To find ways to volunteer and support your community, please see the listings of the Corps Community Center or Institution nearest you by clicking HERE, or contact our Divisional Volunteer Resources Office by clicking HERE.
Featured Volunteer Opportunities
- Moonbeam Assistant (Englewood, Chicago)
- Computer Lab Director (Chicago Lawn)
- ESL Tutor (Lawndale, Chicago)
- Adventure Corps Leader (Midway, Chicago)
- After School Program Tutor (West Loop, Chicago)
- Music Instructor (West Loop, Chicago)
- Coach (West Pullman, Chicago)
- Kid Zone Attendant (West Pullman, Chicago)
- After School Program Assistant (Evanston, IL)
- After School Tutor (St. Charles, IL)
- Volleyball Coach (East Chicago, IN)
- After School Instructor (Gary-Merrillville, IN)
- Childcare Program
- Digital Marketing Intern
- Public Relations/Communications
- Outreach Worker MSW STOP-IT Program (anti sex trafficking)
- Social Work/Counseling
Corporate Volunteer Projects
Deloitte & Touche employees spent Friday afternoon at The Salvation Army Harbor Light Center on Friday, March 20, 2015. This was their second time volunteering at Harbor Light Center, so they wasted no time in getting down to work, making sandwiches, bag lunches and salad toppings for the clients and residents of Harbor Light.
We want to extend a very special thanks to Deloitte & Touche for their continued support and hard work. We look forward to having you in our kitchen again!