Evening Christmas Driver/Oakbrook Terrace
POSITION TITLE: Evening Christmas Driver
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transport Bell Ringers and kettles to and from sites.
- Check that all kettle workers are clean and presentable.
- Provide badges to workers when dropped off.
- Coordinate with Kettle Coordinator/Corps Officer on all disciplinary problems.
- Log drop off & pick up time of Bell Ringer on route sheet.
- Conduct periodical site checks throughout the day to ensure that workers are working.
- Assist with daily counting of monies as needed and data entry.
- Secure monies at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
This individual relates to, and interacts with, a wide range of contacts both within and outside the Salvation Army. In these contacts, they act as a representative of the Army and its mission.
Under general supervision of the Kettle Coordinator/Corps Officer with some freedom to plan, schedule and carry out responsibilities within established policies and guidelines.
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the outcomes of this position are achieved, as well as the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of accomplishing assigned goals.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- 1 year experience and good knowledge of the area.
- Good driving record with one year experience.
- Good knowledge of roads in the Bell Ringing area.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others.
- Pass TSA MVR check.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Resolution of conflicts in a professional manner;
- Courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients;
- Respect of others’ property and person;
- Professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
This individual will only commit Army resources that have been allocated or approved
This individual will keep the Kettle Coordinator/Corps Officer informed on all critical issues relating to their area of responsibility.
This individual will adhere to all policies and procedures in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is required to do light physical work and ability to lift at least 25 lbs. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for lengthy periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel or crouch; reach with and use arms and hands as in the operation of a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to focus.
The work environment for this position includes an office or outside environment with a low to high noise level.
Non Exempt TPT
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Interested candidates send resume to John_Pook@usc.salvationarmy.org