Mobile Outreach Driver / Harbor Light / Chicago
THE SALVATION ARMY
METROPOLITAN DIVISION – Harbor Light
POSITION TITLE: Mobile Outreach Driver
LOCATION/DEPT: Harbor Light
REPORTS TO: Mobile Outreach Supervisor
To provide leadership using policies, procedures and available systems to support the Harbor Light Center in meeting the mission of The Salvation Army
The backgrounds of the clients served by The Harbor Light Program will manifest a variety of inappropriate behaviors. When this occurs, employees are to respond within the context of the treatment environment of the site. Employee conduct (actions, dress, etc) and interactions (conversations, written communications, etc.) with clients must also be within the treatment environment of the facility.
This position is responsible for driving the mobile unit and/or the 12 passenger van accompanying the unit to various locations. This position will assist with feeding clients and engaging clients to seek services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- The vehicle is safely driven to assigned locations.
- Clients are greeted warmly and given food in a sanitary, appetizing and dignified manner. Additional services are offered beyond the meal service.
- Clients are transported to agencies arranged by the case workers and nurse, such as medical centers, substance abuse treatment centers, or shelters.
- Policies and procedures of the program are adhered to strictly with documentation and statistics kept in an orderly fashion.
- Volunteers are adequately used.
- Vehicles are maintained and kept clean.
- Food and serving supplies are inventoried and maintained.
- Assists with set up and clean up of the Mobile Outreach Unit as part of the Mobile Outreach Team.
- All other duties as assigned.
This individual relates to, and interacts with, a wide range of contacts both within and outside The Salvation Army. In these contacts, they act as a representative of the Army and its mission.
Under general supervision of the Mobile Feeding Supervisor with some freedom to plan, schedule and carry out responsibilities within established policies and guidelines.
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the outcomes of this position are achieved, as well as the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of accomplishing assigned goals.
- Must possess a valid CDL with passenger endorsement.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Previous professional driving work preferred.
- Knowledge of the Chicago area.
- Pass The Salvation Army’s Driver Qualification and MVR application.
- Must be able to work as a team member and work well with the public.
- Must be able to work at a fairly fast pace.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self starter.
- An attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities.
This individual will only commit Army resources that have been allocated or approved.
This individual will keep the Mobile Outreach Supervisor informed on all critical issues relating to their area of responsibility.
This individual will adhere to all Army policies and procedures in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is required to do light to heavy physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to operate a vehicle. Must be able to walk up two flights of stairs and lift up to 100lbs. The work environment for this position includes an office and outside environment with a low to high noise level. Must be able to work in all types of weather elements including severe conditions. Must be able to work with clients that have poor social skills, suffer from mental illness, and have substance abuse problems.
COMPENSATION RFT Non-Exempt
Qualified candidates please submit a resume to: Nancy_Powers@usc.salvationarmy.org