Facility Director / Kroc / Chicago
The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center of Chicago exists to express the mission and ministry of The Salvation Army through a safe, enriching and sacred environment where all individuals have access to opportunities to reach their physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potential. The Vision of the Chicago Kroc Center is to touch individuals, families, and seniors of the Southside with: Community – Wellness – Excellence – Character – Faith
The Facilities Director will give oversight to the day-to-day operations and security of the physical facilities, property, and IT department of the RJKCCC. This includes all building and utility infrastructure as well as direct supervision of all maintenance and security staff of the RJKCCC.
- As a member of member of the RJKCCC Management Team, will provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the physical facilities and property of the RJKCCC.
- Maintain a consistently high level of efficiency in the operation of the facilities of the RJKCCC.
- All facilities including swimming pools, outdoor athletic facilities and fields, gymnasium, performing arts center, education areas, family life center, childcare center, co-generation plant, parking lots and landscaped areas.
- All electrical, security, communication, and ventilation systems for the Kroc facility.
- Emergency generator system and fuel requirements as needed.
- Identify any needed repairs or special projects to plumbing, electrical, windows, or structures.
- Develop, supervise, and execute year round preventative maintenance plan.
- Responsible for upkeep, maintenance, and cleanliness of the maintenance shop and all janitorial storage areas in all the buildings of the RJKCCC.
- Supervise year round upkeep and maintenance of pool. Work with the Aquatics Director on maintaining pool filtration systems and health code matters related to operation of the pools.
- Work with outside equipment contractors to manage and repair HVAC, pool and other equipment as necessary.
- Oversee and document the upkeep and maintenance of all vehicles and motor driven equipment.
- Purchase equipment and supplies as authorized by the Director of Operations and/or Business Director in compliance with budgetary considerations for the maintenance, custodial and security needs of the facility.
- Maintain updated files on warranties on buildings and equipment related to the operational aspects of the RJKCCC.
- Create and maintain office support systems that will allow for timely and accurate record keeping, including the areas of repair logs, accounting of expenditures and other reporting as required.
- Coordinate deliveries of supplies when they arrive and also the removal of supplies or garbage as necessary.
- Responsibility for managing maintenance and security contracts and dealing with vendors on a frequent basis.
- Work with the IT Coordinator to ensure the correct operation of the low voltage operations of the Kroc Facility. To work out appropriate maintenance and support contracting for equipment operations.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures when managing the maintenance, custodial and security aspects of the operation.
- Leadership to Staff
- Ensure maintenance, custodial, security and IT areas have competent and trained employees, committed to the mission of RJKCCC and The Salvation Army.
- Will provide direct supervision to all maintenance staff, deliver daily job assignments to maintenance staff; supervise and establish daily operational routines that include janitorial services, trash pickup, grounds beautification, upkeep, and ongoing repairs.
- Supervise and quality control check all work performed by the RJKCCC maintenance and custodial staff.
- Provide instruction to all maintenance and custodial staff in the proper use of all equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Will provide direct supervision to all security staff to oversee job assignments for daily security needs for the safety of all participants.
- Will provide direct supervision of the IT coordinator.
- Ensure that all maintenance, custodial and security staff receive training in Safe From Harm and proper guidelines are followed.
- Maintain clear channels of communication with staff, volunteers and program participates. This will include the creation of internal memos, schedules, flyers, newsletters, and one on one discussion.
- Meetings and Communication
- Meet regularly with the RJKCCC director of operations and leadership staff to participate in setting priorities and recommendations for repairs, remodeling, and replacement of facilities and equipment.
- Work in cooperative manner with the other on-site directors and managers of the RJKCCC, discussing any problems that may be occurring within the facilities in which their programs operate.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and management team meetings.
- Safe Working Environment
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees, guests and members of the RJKCCC.
- Report all problems with the facilities to the Business Director.
- Check daily for any signs of graffiti or vandalism damage to the RJKCCC buildings and property, including bus stops, fences, and light poles.
- Report any incidents, which may include photographs and a written account. Report serious vandalism to the Police Department.
- Develop systems that safe guard any and all facilities, supplies, and equipment related to the buildings and grounds of the RJKCCC,
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees, guests and members of the RJKCCC.
- Leadership is provided for other Kroc Center projects as assigned.
A strong commitment to promote the mission of The Salvation Army with a passion for seeing the integration of Christian faith and services in a community center setting.
A philosophy of education and child development which is consistent with that of the RJKCCC and The Salvation Army.
A commitment to maintain the effective functioning and cleanliness of all Kroc facilities and properties.
A demonstrated ability to manage projects, priorities, and programs in a constantly changing environment.
A communication and management style that exhibits the principles and values of the Salvation Army.
A leadership style that fosters team relationships to accomplish objectives and solve problems and crisis in a professional manner.
A service orientation; anticipating and responding to the needs of clients, employees, and management.
The demonstrated ability to speak before large and small groups with poise and enthusiasm.
The ability to work around children, parents, and staff in a capacity promoting safety and excellence.
A knowledge of facilities, equipment, and operations that can operate the Kroc facility independent of outside sources.
An extensive knowledge of large community centers offering a wide variety of programs and services.
The knowledge of how to relate to children and adults in a manner that displays a sensitivity to their needs and a respect for their worth as individuals.
An understanding of how to supervise staff, community service workers, volunteers, and participants of varying education levels and diverse cultural backgrounds.
BA degree or higher in Facility Management or related field.
CPO and/or AFO certification.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in:
- Operating a 120,000 square foot facility and budget of at least $3 million.
- Managing the custodial and maintenance aspects of a multi-faceted indoor recreation facility.
This individual will be evaluated on how effectively the outcomes of this position are achieved as well as how effectively the mission and objectives of The RJKCCC are met.
There will also be an evaluation of how effectively assigned departments and staff accomplish their goals and objectives.
Have or obtain within six months, a valid Illinois Drivers’ License and insured transportation and be able to meet The Salvation Army’s approved driving requirements.
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
This individual interacts with a wide range of contacts both within and outside the Salvation Army. In these contacts they act as a representative of the Army and its mission.
As a member of the Leadership Team, this position’s duties are integral to the accomplishment of the missions and objectives of the RJKCCC. As a result the individual in this position must be clearly aligned with the mission of The Salvation Army, in a manner such that they can both articulate and advocate for the accomplishment of the Kroc Center’s mission and vision for the community.
This individual will not commit Army resources that have not been allocated or approved; fail to adhere to all Army policies and procedures in carrying out the responsibilities of this position.
This individual will not fail to keep the RJKCCC Director of Operations or Senior Kroc Officer abreast of all critical issues and decisions relating to his/her area of responsibility.
In conducting the duties of this position, this individual will not fail to support the mission of The Salvation Army or to accurately represent the mission or teachings of the Salvation Army.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is required to do heavy physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to move, lift, and repair equipment and supplies. At times they will be expected to participate in community center activities. The work environment for this position includes a community center environment with a medium to high noise level. This employee may be required to drive on occasion. Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
Grade Level: Exempt RFT
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Qualified candidates please submit a resume to: email@example.com